Georgia Department of Insurance First Quarter Administrative Actions
Thursday, May 2nd, 2019
In the first quarter of 2019, the Department of Insurance has taken administrative action against 12 licensees for violating the provisions of the Georgia Insurance Code (O.C.G.A. § 33-1-1 et seq.).
“We offer this information to alert insurers, agencies, agents, and members of the public to changes in licensees’ status. Having an insurance license is a privilege in Georgia, not a right. This should serve as a reminder that those acting outside of the parameters of acceptable professional conduct can have that privilege taken away by the Department,” said Insurance Commissioner Jim Beck.
The Georgia Department of Insurance encourages all consumers to check to see if agencies and
agents have the correct licenses to sell insurance in Georgia.
Administrative Licensing Actions Taken from January 1, 2019, through March 31, 2019:
- Michael Brad Yates, Resident Agent License Number 482539
License renewed by Consent Order effective January 1, 2019, to address an indictment notification
- Yeni Hernandez, Resident Agent License No. 712807
License revoked effective January 3, 2019, for failing to provide an affidavit verifying lawful presence in the United States
- Nichole Geanette Durrant, Resident Agent License No. 3049855
Consent Order entered into with Agent on January 30, 2019, to address improper qualification of two
- Courtney Bankston Harp, Resident Agent License Number 2973040
Consent Order entered into with Agent on February 11, 2019, to address an insurance document
- Lanier Settlements, LLC; Life Settlement Provider License No. 194790
License revoked effective February 25, 2019, as a result of company becoming disqualified for licensure.
- Jodie Ann LaMarre, Non-Resident Agent License No. 555464
License revoked effective March 4, 2019, for failing to provide notice of FINRA action.
- William Quincy Murphy, III; Resident Agent License Number 698555
License revoked effective March 4, 2019, as a result of Agent’s conversion of insurance premiums.
- David Sylvon Victor, Non-Resident Agent License No. 3143491
License revoked effective March 4, 2019, following a discovery that Agent falsified information on his
initial license application and failed to report other states’ administrative actions.
- Walter Craig Crecelius, Non-Resident Agent License No. 3122966
License revoked effective March 18, 2019, as a result of this Agent’s failure to report an arrest and
provide documentation related thereto.
- Laura Kathleen Slay, Resident Agent License No. 825384
License revoked effective March 18, 2019, following Agent’s sentence under the First Offender Act for
multiple felonies and failure to provide notice of same.
- Paul Marshall, Resident Agent License No. 411250
License revoked effective March 19, 2019, following Agent’s conviction for wire fraud for converting
close to $3 million from elderly investors.
- Kristina Marie Palmer, Non-Resident Agent License No. 3039687
Consent Order entered into with Agent on March 29, 2019, addressing an insurance document signature issue.